Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as an Assistant to the Executive Director of Walton Family Foundation. The ideal teammate will have the demonstrated ability to support the efforts of executive leadership of the Walton Family Foundation.
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team, providing administrative support and assisting team members with project management.
What you will do
You will be responsible for providing high-level project and administrative support to the Executive Director. This position will coordinate day-to-day activities, manage administrative needs and ensure timely flow of information to and from the Executive Director. You will also facilitate regular and timely communication to leaders, staff and key external relationships, such as the Board of Directors.
• Organize internal and external meetings, including notifying attendees, reserving conference rooms, handling logistics, drafting and distributing agendas, and taking minutes as needed
• Design and implement a system for timely and accurate information flow to and from the Executive Director
• Coordinate the Executive Director’s scheduling, domestic and international travel, and other administrative needs
• Track, monitor and follow-up on projects and action items that stem from the Executive Director; work closely with members of the executive team to receive regular updates on outstanding items
• Manage key relationships on behalf of the Executive Director, such as the Board of Directors; assist in relationship building - both internally and externally - by maintaining regular communication and timely follow up
• Plan and prepare the Executive Director’s timely internal communications and external correspondence
• Coordinate the preparation of briefing materials for meetings and events; work with the Communications staff to coordinate development and preparation of the Executive Director’s public speeches and remarks; work with Development staff on preparation and travel for meetings and communications with donors
• Manage special projects and draft strategic communications
• Other duties as requested to meet department and organizational needs
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate must be down-to-earth, organized, service-oriented and a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. They must exercise critical thinking and good judgment in a variety of situations, learn fast and apply excellent project management skills. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves and “do” in addition to working collaboratively with others.
Personal attributes that support your success
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
• You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
• You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
• A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
• A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
• You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. The children and grandchildren of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. In 2018, the foundation awarded more than $595 million in grants in support of these initiatives. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, with offices in Washington, D.C., Jersey City, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado, approximately 125 staff conduct the day-to-day operations of the foundation.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
• 3+ years’ experience providing direct senior-level project and administrative support
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated competence with tracking, coordinating and follow-up of priorities and projects
• Superb professionalism and diplomacy; ability to interact with high-level individuals internally and externally
• Ability to multitask and prioritize a number of projects
• Ability to work long hours, as needed
• Ability to travel up to 20% of time, as needed